February 21, 2008

A Real Czech Town - Cesky Krumlov. part 1

Cesky Krumlov, a tiny town compare to Prague (Praha), yet a lot more authentic. Praha, at least the old town, feels like a zoo. During my 9.5 months in Europe, it's probably one of my least favorite places. But of course, that's as always another topic. Here I am gonna talk about the lovely town of Cesky Krumlov.


Entrance to the town. The white building on the left side (and also to the right of the gate) is hostel 99, one of the loveliest hostel I've stayed.

move your big butt. I am trying to take a picture

hmm...what are they looking at?

The view is amazing~

Yummy breakfast from hostel 99. For the same price in Britain, I can only afford a bag of chips or crisps whatever you want to call it. When I am backpacking, I don't really care what kinda food I have, I mean, I am perfectly happy with fried chicken and fries.

Hallway of the hostel. It's awesome to drink FREE beer at the terrace.

River Vltava. We were going rent a canoe, but it's freezing cold at the end of May. Global Warming my ass. This small river will become much wider downstream by the time it passes through Praha


What am I looking for?? (also note the free advertisement for the Great Hostel 99!)

Bus station, 15 minute walk from old town.

Pretty girl in a pretty town.