January 20, 2008

Nürnberg (Nuremberg), the most German of all German cities!


...and also one of my FAVORITE cities in Europe (apparently one of two interests Hitler and I shared, the other being lusting over a map and wondering where I want to invade next!).
The old town is magnificent and historic. Nuremberg existed way before Columbus's great-great-great grandparents learned how to become pirates! 

Contrary to popular beliefs, German (at least Bayerns, or Bavarians) are very friendly toward foreigners. In fact, Germans/Swiss are the friendliest people I met in Europe. Don't believe the myth that these are racist pigs. Their country & grandparents paid tremendous price for their mistakes. So the next time when you head over there, expect to meet lots of friendly people who speak better English than I did. 


Old tower (hundred of years old!). A majestic sight in front of the train station

into the old town

a low key memorial to their world dead. afterall, they lost.....twice!

very picturesque old town

the famous Nuremberg Ring, it brings good luck to those who touch the gold ring! 

self explanatory

a cool looking church

another part of old town 

at the main square. Nuremberg Christmas market is world-famous !

the nice German who let me stayed on his couch for a couple days

holyshit!! he is a cop !! (crap, where do I hide my drugs?)

he is nice enough to give me a patch (POLIZEI)

the city has a great transport system. it is even a better bike town. (bicycle, not the other one)

Nuremberg airport, where I slept for the night by myself. Just like Tom Hanks in The Terminal,
this is really really cool!


I was going to include some WWII sites (Nazis rally ground, museum, congress hall etc...) But it will be too long.


Preview of the next topic: WWII sites, in Nuremberg, in Munich (Nazis headquarter), in Berchtesgaden (the unofficial capital, after Berlin)...If you are a WWII buff, you will LOVE it!
(ps, Auschwitz will have its own topic, so now you have two posts to look forward to)


Technorati Profile