January 10, 2008

Monterey Whale watching & Aquarium

So, me & my girl Mavis went to Monterey, California as our last stop of our 10 day road-trip. It was world-renowned for its aquatic life. Monterey's fisherman's wharf is infinitely better than the tourist-trapping San Francisco counterpart. There were sea lions, seals and so many birds right inside the harbor. Anyway, the previous days were the huge storm in the west coast where 1 million residents in Bay Area lost power and where the Sierra Nevada had 6 feet snow dump.


wildlife right inside the harbour


We went on to this whale watching trip. The weather was somewhat better, but the tides were still huge. It was like riding a sea roller-coaster ride for 3 hours straight. And I even got seasick where I wanted to puke to the captain's face (LOL). Anyway, we saw some gray whales. I wished I could say it was a magical experience, but the shitty tides ruined the atmosphere.

Afterward, we went to the Aquarium. The student ticket cost a whopping $22, but it was worth every penny. It was by far the best aquarium I have been to in my life. Here are some pictures & videos.



looks bigger in person. much bigger 



showoff birds in aquarium...you guys dont belong in the aquarium!


beautiful jelly fish



Jelly Fish video


so adorable~


other types of jelly fish


and finally, a school of fish. totally awesome.

I hope you enjoy my first "real" post. I am sure you do anyways (if you manage to read this far :P). I am actually waayyy behind as I have so much stuff to tell with my 9 1/2 months in Europe, plus my 4 months here in USA. So until next time, keep on doing whatever you were doing~